USA: federal capital punishment back on agenda (after 16 years) - [PEACE]

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 23:15:48 PDT 2020

  https://sputniknews.com/us/202004071078868476-us-appeals-court-greenlights-trumps-plan-to-restore-federal-executions/

 >     The ruling issued by the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit could effectively pave the way for carrying out the first death penalty at the federal level since 2003.

I actually had the rare experience of VISITING Federal Death Row in Terre Haute, Indiana, in late 2005.  Turns out that I was in the SHU (Special Housing Unit; "solitary", "the hole") and I needed dental work.  Well, the dentist's office for SHU happens to be in Death Row; as I recall it might have been called "Secure Containment Unit".)   At the time, as I recall, there were about 41 inmates there.  Don't know how many now.

                Jim Bell