Cryptocurrency: Amir Taaki on the DarkTech Renaissance

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 23:38:42 PDT 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD5htYPcVqE

Published on Sep 26, 2019 00:41:24

The original dream of cryptocurrency exposing power, replacing finance
and ushering new forms of social organization is yet to materialize.
Faced with this failure, instead of reorientating their strategy,
crypto orgs keep throwing ever huger amounts of capital, leading to
massive corruption and misallocation of capital. It is unsustainable.

What possibilities exist in the market today? How can we leverage
black markets such as Venezuela or Syria for spreading cryptocurrency?
What can we do differently? The crypto orgs today are simply doing
random things. They lack any coherent strategy. They cannot connect
the dots, and are purely focused on mechanisms and techniques.

This talk will also explore anonymization techniques to create
anonymous crypto-systems and solve scalability. These systems can
create markets which empower humans to work together at scale and
solve the centralizing problems of corporations and the state.

The paradigm of computing has not changed in over 50 years. Devices
have become faster and smaller, but are stuck on a linear path. The
paradigm has become stagnant and is desperate for reinvention.

We need to create a modern paradigm of technology as more than
consumer products, but as integral social infrastructure. For this we
must create the idea of the renaissance hacker and spread our
philosophy through a system of academies which train people in sports,
philosophy and technology. These centers serve as generative centers
of thought and invention. And the concepts we create, must then be
turned into practical products which serve a market need and bring
income to expand our mission.

Our goal is to develop the platform that will deliver the dark economy
by leveraging emerging anonymous techniques for innovative
decentralized & dark financial products. We are firmly committed to
transitioning humanity to the non-state ethical-philosophical paradigm
through markets and technology.

Speaker: Amir Taaki
Amir has spent 15 years as an open source developer and systems dev
specializing in async and crypto algorithms. He currently works on
anonymous mix nets and crypto wallets. He created the first alt
implementation of Bitcoin with the fastest blockchain, was the lead
for Electrum in 2011, created Dark Wallet, started the Bitcoin BIP
process and founded a UK Bitcoin exchange which had the 2nd biggest
market by volume in 2012 before it was forcibly closed by the banks.

Thursday, September 26, 2019
Amir Taaki on the DarkTech Renaissance

Hosted by Leonhard Weese and Clement Ip