Google's biases exposed. (Was: Re: Troops Could Have Night Vision Injected Into Their Eyes)

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 20:04:31 PDT 2019

We were discussing Greta Thunberg, who recently spoke at the United Nations, and I said that something was wrong with her, mentally.  Well, after looking at some articles, one of them referred to Asperger's.  So, I decided to do a Google search for 'greta thunberg aspergers'.   After typing her name and adding a single 'a', or 'greta thunberg a', Google search offered me a few selections:  "age", "actress", article", "and jane goodall, "at UN", "turns Trump's Attack".
So, I decided to add a another character:  'greta thunberg as'.    Then, Google search offered me new selections:  "as", "astrology", "asiA", "astrology chart", "assemblee nationale", "as a child".    Hmmm.   No "Aspergers".
So, I decided to add another character.  Guess which one:   'greta thunberg asp'.   Google search offered...NOTHING.  Nothing at all.  Not a single suggestion.
  If she had been fond of "asparagus", Google wouldn't volunteer that information.  If she had been bitten by an "asp", we wouldn't have learned it.  If she was suffering from an infection of "aspergillus fungus", that would have remain a deep, dark secret.  If she had an allergy to "aspartame", we wouldn't have discovered that, either.  If she had visited "Aspen Dental", no one would be the wiser.
As I continued to add characters, Google search continued to offer...nothing.  Nothing at all.  Not a single suggestion...until I had put in the final character:   "greta thunberg aspergers".   Even then, it didn't include this as a suggestion.

What's really interesting is that, especially how Politically Correct Google is, presumably it genuinely believes that having "Aspergers" isn't something for anybody to be ashamed of.  So, that being the case, you'd think that they wouldn't re-program Google search AS IF "Aspergers" WAS something to be ashamed of.  Or a negative, in general.  Or something that should be concealed.  Because it sure looks like that's what they did.
Something needs to be done about Google.   What REALLY needs to be done is for governments, in general, to stop doing whatever they are doing to keep Google in a virtually monopolistic (or, at least oligopolistic) state.   I mean, change things so that instead of there being a single Google, there are a few dozen companies that cannot behave as if they owned the networking market.
Because one alternative would be to sue Google using America's anti-trust laws, and break it up like was done to Standard Oil around 1900, or AT&T by Judge Greene, in 1983.
              Jim Bell