Anarchadelphia 2019

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Sep 23 21:12:45 PDT 2019

On 2019-09-23 11:59, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
 > I should also point out that my use of the term "anarchism" above is
 > based on what I believe to be the correct definition of 'anarchism',
 > the believe that there should not exist any government, and certainly
 > not that whose existence and practice violences the Non-Initiation of
 > Force Principle (NIOFP, which many call the NAP,
 > "non-aggression principle".

There is an obvious problem with the non-aggression principle.  What do
you do about large organized groups of people who aggress, and loudly
proclaim the other guy is aggressing, and have crew of noisy public
intellectuals (priests) explaining why the organized and dangerous group
is in the right and doing good?  The other guy is supposedly price
gouging, or emitting CO2, or hording, or engaging in usury (people who
talk about usury are seldom aware of or interested in the way
Christianity defined usury.  They just free money and to never have to
pay it back.)

The union says that the employer is aggressing by locking unionized
workers out and hiring non union labor, and bring up some cannon to make
their point.

The Christian priest says that the priests of the Icelandic religion are
aggressing, because they follow, and preach their followers to follow,
the pagan rules on violence and law enforcement, which if successfully
followed, are apt to result in Christians getting the short end of the
stick, which was not a problem when everyone in Iceland followed the
rules of the Icelandic gods, except for a few evildoers which evildoers
tended to wind up dead.

The Christian priests argued for a Kingly monopoly of force, and they
had a point, in that Icelandic priests were notoriously prone to ruling
in favor of the guy with largest mob of armed supporters at the courtroom.

Hence the reactionary doctrine that you always wind up with a state
religion.  In our case, instead of being required to believe in things
unseen, we are required to disbelieve in things seen, such as racial and
sexual differences, and bad female behavior in the workplace.