Secret F.B.I. Subpoenas Scoop Up Personal Data From Scores of Companies

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 10:05:25 PDT 2019

On 9/21/19, coderman <coderman at protonmail.com> wrote:
> the informative aspect is the utter failing of "oversight" of this
> privilege; even NYT is calling bullshit.

> “That’s the problem with the Freedom Act: It procedurally pretended to solve
> the problem,” he said. “But the whole structure of this involves presumption
> in favor of the government for perpetual sealing.”

The number of people in USA Con-gress that have somewhat
extensive direct access and "oversight" is roughly four(4), right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Permanent_Select_Committee_on_Intelligence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_Select_Committee_on_Intelligence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congress#Privileges_and_pay
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaries_of_members_of_the_United_States_Congress

Self allotted favors of perpetual pay for perpetual presumption, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Freedom_Act#Civil_liberties_advocates

If it has the word "freedom" or "patriot" in it, it must
be good, and rubber stamped without question, right?