Libertarian Economic Logic (chart attached)

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Sep 19 05:00:04 PDT 2019

On 2019-09-19 19:43, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> "without a boss telling you how to do it" is in a real sense a sort
> of non-sequitor or irrelevancy.
>
> Why label the sharing of information, tutoring and/ or learning
> process as one involving "a boss"?

For a group of people to get anything done, someone has to be in charge.
  And it will not be done right unless the guy in charge knows how it
should be done.   I am sure we have both attended more than enough
committee meetings.

When Wernher von Braun was merely sharing information and tutoring at
NASA, the rockets did not work.  They had to put him in charge.

And when he retired, they still had all that information and the people
he had tutored, but the rockets stopped getting better, started to get
worse, and started to fail.

Shockley shared information and advised, he wrote the book, but
transistors did not get built, except for a tiny number of not very
reliable prototype transistors and those he personally and individually
made.  When he formed a company of which he was the boss, *then*
transistors were mass produced.

Rather more people can successfully operate a restaurant than can build
rockets or transistors, but still, the vast majority of people cannot
successfully operate a restaurant.  The vast majority of people who
attempt to do so, fail.

Suppose the guy at the restaurant who *can* operate a restaurant is not
the boss.  He is merely sharing information and advising.  The
restaurant is going to fail.