Libertarian Economic Logic (chart attached)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Sep 18 19:35:33 PDT 2019

> All your contributions are freedom-destroying.

I remember my early cp days and wondering how "commercial enterprise"
would work in an actually libertarian or anarchistic community.

Folks round here pointed me to various readings to understand certain
concepts I was missing, and I peeked at Bakunin and Bobbio for
starters, and others, and more are on my bucket list.

One 'ahah' moment came from my question that when we have no coercive
government wielding exclusive or predominant right and use of force
over the individual humans in a community, what are we left with (wrt
commercial interactions between humans)?

And at least one answer is "private contract".

At a fundamental level, exercising coercive force over humans who
have given no consent to such use, and have not otherwise agreed to
any particular law or contract, is a fundamental wrong, a violation
of the inherent dignity of that individual and a violation of that
individual's sovereign right to choose who to interact with or engage
with (either commercially or in any other way).

Violate such fundamental sovereignty (with laws, "government's
"right" to exclusive use of force on a day to day basis", etc etc),
and we have taken away or given up freedom at a very basic level, and
as a result, created a nation of human slaves - those who are
compliant and usually angry at the fundamental violation of their
dignity.

We must respect the right of every human to conscientiously object to
those laws he deems "an ass of a law", in all cases where that human
harms no one.

To have an ethical law of contract?

We have to say that, at least at a certain "coming of age", an
individual human ought be bound by his explicit agreements, and to
some degree (open to debate), his tacit agreements (those things he
has not explicitly objected to).

But to deny the right to conscientiously object, or to peacefully
protest, is nothing but a raw tyranny upon those who seek a better
world.