"lossless" optical waveguide - loss floor in glass media

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 13 16:04:59 PDT 2019

 On Friday, September 13, 2019, 03:44:34 PM PDT, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:46:31 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> You missed the "thermal conductivity" part.

 >   I didn't. That's why I mentioned 'transmission of energy'.

I can "transmit energy" by carrying a full gasoline can a few yards.  I can "transmit data" by mailing a hard drive, FedX, thousands of miles away.
Your term "transmission of energy" is EXTREMELY broad and vague.  Your conclusion, that one thing is 'obvious', so everything else must be too, is idiotic.
                Jim Bell