"lossless" optical waveguide - loss floor in glass media

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Fri Sep 13 15:59:16 PDT 2019

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, September 13, 2019 10:44 PM, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> I guess we'll have to wait and see if some company specifically tries 'your' idea...

i have to admit a side bet in this race:

the US Patent office keeps a register of "classified" | "SECRET" | "TOP SECRET" inventions. if you, as an independent inventor, discover such a thing you find yourself bound by national secrecy law...

but they take this track if they think it will be an effective cudgel.

Jim takes no shit - the record is unequivocal. so I think Jim gets silence, but also not really a patent - a patent in public, but overridden by a national security imperative.

(the collection benefit of using very low loss fiber is pretty self evident :)

best regards,