Jim Bell says: "I got stuck in prison for 13 years and Pamela Anderson didn't visit me ONCE!!!"

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Mon Sep 9 08:10:28 PDT 2019

On 9/7/19 3:02 PM, Punk wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Sep 2019 08:20:26 -0700
> Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> Because libertarians don't meet her ethical or erotic standards
>
> 	isn't assange a libertarian?

That "is" business presents lots of pitfalls, especially when applied to
humans.  Assange certainly represents himself as anti-authoritarian, and
his actions speak way louder than his words on that front.

But our Libertarians present as crypto-fascists, given that implementing
their utopian visions would only remove the few restraints on our
present rulers, shifting the balance of power in society even further in
their direction.  Note that by "rulers" I mean folks like the 500
billionaires who presently own 1/2 the capital assets in the United
States, population 360 million or so.  "It takes about 3/4 million
peasants to support one dominant billionaire."  Not shocked yet?  Check
out this simple graph of U.S. income distribution, scaled relative to
familiar physical objects:

http://lcurve.org

Assange does pay attention to political power in a process oriented
perspective.  See his "The non linear effects of leaks on unjust systems
of governance" ( https://cryptome.org/0002/ja-conspiracies.pdf ).  So I
doubt he could identify with the "Rand Fan" version of Libertarianism.
That leaves Anarchism.

Some anarchists do call themselves Libertarian, to avoid personal
blowback from the demonization of anarchists - one of the few propaganda
lines /all/ repressive States agree on - but somehow that don't sound
like our Mendax.  He does seem to favor the rights of local communities
over those of absentee landlords, which strikes me as an
anti-Libertarian position.

Like the Marxists before them, Libertarians present their proposed
changes as a bridge to Utopian anarchy.  But a familiar model involving
Lucy, Charlie Brown and a football seems to fit both cases...

:o/