List URL (Re: Fwd: Official blah blah)

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 12:58:34 PDT 2019

On 9/6/19, Greg Newby <gbnewby at pglaf.org> wrote:
> It's possible we will need a second list just for those archives.

> if it can all be integrated... main site to go the (only) list

Either of those would work in those cases, or create
an overall first page of hello info with links to them.

> archives from 1992-2015
> thousands of messages with bad headers
> (a) get direly confused
> (b) intersperse old messages

Right, massaging imports is work, especially peoples
randomly corrupted mboxes.
Here mboxes tend to get linted and fixed just enough to
correctly split into maildir, then all the rest of unbreaking...
header, antispam, dates, attachment, etc... and dedup
get dealt with. Harder choices are header culling and despam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_breaking

> Stay tuned... I've been plugging away at processing the archives

Cypherpunks is just one book in pglaf, don't let it
take too much time from any greater mission.