List URL (Re: Fwd: Official blah blah)

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Fri Sep 6 07:26:41 PDT 2019

I'm still intending to get the archives from 1992-2015 up on the site, and will need to set up a new list to test integration.

It's possible we will need a second list just for those archives. This is because there are thousands of messages with bad headers, and I'm concerned that Mailman might (a) get direly confused, (b) intersperse old messages with new messages, or otherwise break the more recent archives. If this is happening, it might be better to have a separate list, just for the older archives.

What I'm talking about is a nice browsable archive (by date, thread...), in addition to by-month mbox files as well as the multi-year mbox files.

But if it can all be integrated, I will do as you suggest below and have the main site to go the (only) list, rather than to a listing of one list.

Stay tuned... I've been plugging away at processing the archives, and hope to get something ready for review in the next couple of weeks. It's around 92,000 messages in a little over 500MB. (My personal first posting to the list in the archive was from September 2000: 19 years ago!)
 - Greg