Fwd: Official blah blah

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Wed Sep 4 14:09:28 PDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 01:59:59PM -0700, Razer wrote:
> The listserv software should have picked this up and shitcanned it.

Yes. It held it for moderation based on too many cc's. It was from a subscribed address, so as moderator I let it pass.

It didn't seem wackier than our usual list traffic.

One of the options is Mailman is to require moderator approval for a subscriber's first posting. I could enable that if desired, but it would mean that the people who keep changing their subscribed email addresses (you know who you are!) will need to wait for moderation. If there is clamor for tighter moderation, this is one of the semi-automated tools available.
 - Greg