VentureBeat: The death of disk? HDDs still have an important role to play

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 20:07:21 PDT 2019

On 9/2/19, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> VentureBeat: The death of disk? HDDs still have an important role to play.
> https://venturebeat.com/2019/09/02/the-death-of-disk-hdds-still-have-an-important-role-to-play/
> I invented the SSD (solid state disk) in August 1980, first marketed one in
> August 1981.See "SemiDisk Systems".

"Solid state"... does anyone make a RAMdrive on PCIe
or faster interface... that you can actually populate
with more than a lousy 4 dimms... at least 32 up
to a chassis stuffed with 500/512 of them. There is a
market for ludicrous speed if it can beat cost or
performance of todays parallel node fabrics. DYOR.

https://old.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/cmq0bg/backblaze_hard_drive_stats_q2_2019/