Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Oct 31 17:48:14 PDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:56:04PM +0000, jim bell wrote:
>  On Thursday, October 31, 2019, 03:32:08 PM PDT, Punk - Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
>    > I haven't read all the messages in order, so I can't tell if there's stuff missing inbetween them. I might give it a try. It's technically possible to delete all your messages, and replies/references to them I guess, but it seems somewhat unlikely? Or else the archives have indeed been carefuly edited...
>
> That sure sounds to be exceedingly improbable, huh?  Who has had control of the archives?   I figure these records can't have been kept only by ONE person, right?  Other people should have copies.
> This is beginning to sound like a mystery-thriller.    How exciting.

"Back in the day" of 1994/1995, 2GiB hard disks were lusty beasts,
and so most folks did not store everything forever as we do more so
today.

For those who had the inclination, it was effort, dollars and time to
actually back things up to those amazing cd-recordable plastic discs
(DVDs didn't even begin to hit retail until December 1996.