Planning for a project to implement 1000-node anonymization network

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 23:09:39 PDT 2019

I am emailing as an interested party on behalf of some people on the cypherpunks email list.   We are considering a project implementing a large anonymization network, hopefully in excess of 1000 nodes.  One possibility is that the hardware for a node will be a Raspberry Pi 4 computer, nodes which could be placed in residences.   We hope to get subsidies to buy the hardware, and possibly partly-subsidized Internet service as well.  We want to amount to competition to the TOR system.
Can you direct us to literature, or any information that would help us planning this project?  I am copying this email to the Cypherpunks email list.
                Jim Bell