Website listing donors to TOR system: We should contact them and ask for sponsorship, just like they did for TOR.

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 14:02:07 PDT 2019

 My comments inline:
    On Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 11:45:46 AM PDT, Punk - Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 07:11:09 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> The following is a list of current sponsors, and a list of past sponsors, for the TOR project.

 >   Did you read the list? As 'we' all know tor is owned and 'funded' by the US military. Their 'sponsor', which is listed right there is DARPA and some other cover mafias for the US military like the "Open Technology Fund" (which funded signal and crypto 'anarchist' marlinsprokeshit or however his name is spelled)

See my recent comment to Zenaan:
"I should have been clearer as to why I suggested contacting these organization.   Obtaining funds is, of course, a good possibility, but even more important:  We want to be able to demonstrate why the whole TOR arrangement is rotten and corrupt.   Some of the organizations donating to TOR are merely carrying the Feds' water, but a few might not be.   Put yourself in their place:  Do they currently have an opportunity to support anonymized communication, other than TOR?   If they don't, let's give it to them. "
"We have a major advantage in the fact that our intended network will likely be far more economical than TOR funding supports. This article shows that 2017 revenue for the TOR project is   4 Sources of Income: Who Pays to Keep the Tor Browser Going?   $4.2 million dollars."

|  |  |

|  |
4 Sources of Income: Who Pays to Keep the Tor Browser Going?

Bruce Sussman

Tor browser receives government funding. How much does the U.S. government pay Tor each year? What are the Tor s...

"What would a 6,000 node replacement for TOR cost?   Multiply by one-time cost of about $80 for the node hardware, and that's about $480,000.  If we could get a $20 monthly subsidy for Internet service for each node, that's $120,000 per month, or $1.44 million per year.  About one third of TOR.  (Such a subsidy would pay for an upgrade from a typical 40 Mbits/second node with limited monthly data, to a 1 Gigabit service with unlimited data.  Many people would jump on the bandwagon just for this perk.)"
"I want to contact these organizations, more to establish the ones who would FAIL to help us.  We can use such a list for fundraising.  We can say, "These organizations supported TOR for an unknown reason, but when they were given the opportunity to fund a true competitor to TOR, they punted and wouldn't help us.  Doesn't that tell you something about why they support(ed) TOR?" "

>>I think it would be a good idea if we contact them,

 >   I don't think that contacting the US military is a good idea. Or google-NSA. Or even morcilla. Or the rest of govcorp thieves (including the UN) listed there.

Obtaining their REFUSAL could be quite valuable for fundraising purposes.  We want to be able to explain to ordinary folk why letting the Feds finance TOR isn't the good idea that they have been led to believe.

>    Rather we should first have HALF a clue about what sort of system should be implemented. I don't. Do you? I mean, beyond obvious requirements like constant rate link and free routing, how would the thing actually work??

Yes, and we are doing that as we speak.   There are a lot of issues that need to be discussed!  But not necessarily in any particular order.  And people might disagree what the 'proper' order is.