minion-design.pdf / low bandwidth high latency long term connections

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Oct 21 19:48:34 PDT 2019

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 11:03:40PM -0300, Punk - Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 12:40:25 +1100
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > covfefe net is the UDP network layer chaff fill, packet switched
> > network.
>
> 	1) can you stop your stupid trump nazi propaganda? there's no 'covfefe net'

Stop getting triggered, snowflake ;)

You can name your version whatever meme suits you. I'll kick it off
for you right now - you can probably improve this tho:

 - Juan "I am not a snowflake" Net

> 	2) can it be (virtual) packet switched actually? 'Onion routing'
> 	    means ones has to set up a 3 hops route using public keys to
> 	    get 3 symmetric keys etc. That's done once per circuit in
> 	    tor. Doing it once per packet may be a bit too much?

You're right - we can't set up per packet, but instead set up
(exchange PKs, negotiate a session key), per-node.

Remember, I must be able to control my own routing/hops decisions,
for my chosen routing of packets within any circuit of my choosing.

Once I've established a "symmetric session key" for the nodes I want
to route through and nodes I wish to talk to, I can then send any
number of wheat or chaff UDP packets (which must be indistinguishable
from each other), to any target node that I've negotiated such
session keys with.

Session key's might be long lasting - I need to bone up on perfect
forward secrecy though (PFS); TODO.