F2F UDP mesh net prototype proof of concept "Covfefe Net"

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 20:43:43 PDT 2019

 On Sunday, October 20, 2019, 06:15:29 AM PDT, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:

 >With respect for gold diggers, how is it decades after setting up the
internet by officials and their consultants there continue to be
dreamy and futile efforts to use the "lawless" tool without being observed.

Why does 'technology' take so long to implement?  The Federal government had headaches too.  I remember when I first heard of Clipper     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper_chip  in 1993.  This article said it was "defunct" by 1996.   We might imagine that Clipper was intended to head off the then-imminent (?) development of wireline encrypted telephones.  (Why else propose encryption, yet not proceed to build something)? Did the average person (in America...) actually want phone encryption?   Yet 26 years later, the wireline phone is genuinely dying.
I also remember in the late 1980's speculation that 'Someday, people might actually give up their wireline phone and have only a cell phone!'.  That possibility seemed quite remote, 30 years ago.   In hindsight, however, a phone that is with you all the time is much more useful than one attached to your house.
The house my parents bought, in 1967, was probably built in 1937.   There was only only telephone outlet, as I recall, and that was in the kitchen.  That was probably considered "normal" during that era.  Today, while they probably wire new houses with twisted-pair telephone lines to most rooms, it's probable most houses use cordless phones, or they don't buy landline phones at all.
An anonymizing network is essentially intended to partly compensate for the lack of security measures made for the benefit of ordinary people, rather than the government, over the last 40+ years.     It's a start.
                      Jim Bell