tor replacement - Re: OnionShare Tor

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 15:17:26 PDT 2019

Napster premiered before we did and pissed in the VC punch bowl. But even
if we had gotten funded I doubt we'd have been successful. Our technology
relied too heavily on high speed connections and the days of wideband to
the home were still more than a decade away.

Fortunately, one of our talented programmers, Bram Cohen, took (with the
blessing of the founder, Jim McCoy) the most practical parts of the ideas
and created BitTorrent. Bryce "Zooko" O'Hearn went on to create Tahoe LAFS
and more recently ZCash.