OnionShare Tor

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Fri Oct 18 13:12:55 PDT 2019

>I think it's important to put up and run SOMETHING, a network
>separate from TOR, even if it must initially use pre-existing
>software that hasn't been completely verified. (yet)   There's an
>enormous difference between a mere promise (it's coming "real soon
>now", as Jerry Pournelle used to say) and an actual useable system.
>
>A currently-useable system would ignite far more interest, including
>donations perhaps, than a mere promise, especially if the software
>was all open-sourced and potentially verifiable, with the knowledge
>that it would be verified or replaced in the future.
>
>              Jim Bell

Yes.

Hail to Assassination Politics, it was, is, a step away from
pervasive fear, caution and obsequiousness, away from cowardly
privacy policies and law enforcement obdience, lawyerly CYA terms and
conditions.

Further steps beyond AP, WL, TOR, PGP, slew of catchy brands and
initials, are underway but not being revealed on Reddit, Chans,
Wireds, Searches, News, Indictments, much less on this honey pot.
Open source is a trap, shut up.

Based on increasing successful hacks from outside the US, EU and
allies most work-arounds and innovation are being done by parties not
grown old, fat and lazy by excessive fame, conceit, funding, vanity,
job security, benefits, profits, collegiality's willful ignorance,
hey we invented the internet and computers, all this (once-)amazing
stuff, why hell, we're so good and skilled we're supported by the
richest government, corporations, donors and NGOs in the world. And
backed by threats of WMDs, cruise missiles, swarms of satellites,
special forces, spies and informers galore.

USA is subject to a new and different culture, by walls inside and
outside its borders, as it was founded to be, gloating about its
power, still fighting last wars, losing all new ones, some it doesn't
have a clue about so befuddled by comfort and imperialistic practices
it dare not change, cannot change, doesn't want to change.

Trump is a pure example of this but far from alone, more a
consequence than a variation -- "The Presidency," (whoever in the
slot), Congress, Supreme Court, state and locals -- where
braggadocio, piggishness and advertising and entertainment, news and
"smart" -- reign.