journos - Re: Richard Stallman Gets SJW'd

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Oct 17 19:20:51 PDT 2019

On October 18, 2019 1:00:54 AM UTC, Cecilia Tanaka <cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 17, 2019, 17:49 Cecilia Tanaka <cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>> There is an old Brazilian song for kids that always makes me smile,
>> sweetie...  Its name is "The History Of A Kitten" and my favorite
>verses
>> since my earlier childhood are:
>>

>> "WE, CATS, WERE BORN IN POVERTY
>> HOWEVER, WE WERE BORN FREE!!!
>> MISTER, MISSES, LANDLORD...
>> FELINE, YOU WON'T RECOGNIZE!!!"
>>
>Nobunaga Oda's translation for the last verse sounds much more precise.
>made a too literal and weak translation, and changed it twice before
>posting:
>
>"WE, CATS, WERE BORN IN POVERTY
>HOWEVER, WE WERE BORN FREE!!!
>MISTER, MISSES, LANDLORD...
>WE, FELINES, WON'T RECOGNIZE!!!"
>
>I will try another easier version, Nobunaga...  :)
>
>"WE, CATS, WERE BORN POOR
>HOWEVER, WE WERE BORN FREE!!!
>MISTER, MISSES, LANDLORD...
>WE, FELINES, WON'T RECOGNIZE THEM!!!"
>
>Thanks for the lovely suggestion, dear!!!   Love you and your family!!!
> <3
>
>Take care, please!!!

Wow, I had no idea Nobunaga wrote such poetry ;)

I know he almost conquered Japan, was assassinated by one of his
vassals, Akechi Mitsuhide, and his most ruthless vassal Hideyoshi paved
the way for Tokugawa.  And he supposedly really liked sugary treats that
the Portuguese brought over (this was before Ieyasu had locked shit down
to the secular Dutch - he saw Christianity and hated it).