Snowden on CryptoPrivacy re US-UK-AUS Facebook Crypto Slapdown

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 16 07:17:55 PDT 2019

From: W
To: Y
Subject: Snowden Plugs Crypto Cure-All
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 18:05:23 +0000

Edward Snowden, "Without encryption, we will lose all privacy. This
is our new battleground," Guardian, October 15, 2019,
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/15/encryption-lose-privacy-us-uk-australia-facebook

Why is Ed selling end-to-end crypt as the guarantor of privacy when
there's a whole industry (e.g. NSO Group) based on bypassing crypto
with 0-days?
What better way to pilfer secrets than to channel gullible users to
platforms which they think will keep them safe...

Good Afternoon General Nakasone!