OpenPGP Mozilla to kill Enigmail, Elliptic Crypto, XRay Decapping, Exhausting CD Ripping Structures, Nuclear Farts

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:18:57 PDT 2019

> https://byuu.net/compact-discs/structure

https://debugmo.de/2007/07/read-your-dvds-the-raw-way/
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=21242273

This time I wanted to know what’s on my DVDs. I mean, not what’s
normally visible, but what’s underneath the data layer. Contrary to
CDs, where a lot of work has been done to allow reading every bit of a
CD, there is surprisingly less information for DVDs. I wanted more. My
attempt was to capture the data before it gets processed by the usual
circuits, but I didn’t wanted to mess around with analog hardware. So
I grabbed an old Pioneer DVD-113, which luckily was build in those
good days before single-chip solutions were available...