Box for simple Tor node.

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Sun Oct 13 13:09:44 PDT 2019

On 11/10/2019 22:05, jim bell wrote:
> Somebody asked me a question, but because I am far from being an expert,
> I couldn't answer.   Suppose a person wanted to implement a TOR node,
> simply by buying some box, and plugging it into his modem, and power.
> And NOT needing to become an expert on TOR, or even on computers in
> general.  And NOT having to follow pages and pages of instructions.   I
> did a few minutes of searching, and even the 'simple' explanations
> seemed 'clear as mud'.
>
> Don't bother with long explanations challenging the usefulness, or
> trustworthiness of TOR.   Yes, we've discussed them to death.  That's a
> different subject.
>                      Jim Bell

I'd sell you one for $350 plus postage etc from the UK. Or set one up
for $50-100. But I'd guess you can find-a-nerd in the US for less.

Maybe suggest it to the Tor guys. I'm a bit out-of-date but that's the
sort of thing the original guys would have liked, and the new guys [*]
probably still do.

[*] new absent any recent sjw shit -- otherwise just tell them to piss
up a stick. If they have no penis, to try their best.

:)

Peter Fair