Cryptocurrency: acceptable coinage/ currency/ money

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 12:43:40 PDT 2019

On 10/12/19, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
>> carrying around a medieval sack of metal

> economics.

Then explain the economics of sacks of gold vs stacks of sats.

Don't forget to address trusting physical storage,
grab sack and run street theft, transmitting gold over
distances for purchases, support, donations, assay...
and whatever other problems people raise against metals.

And if all you want is to raise llamas and veggies
on your farm till you die, which is a fine life indeed,
one that everyone could consider, then just admit
and teach on that topic.

But do not go around trying to use that choice as argument
against others choosing some spectrum of tech, starships, etc.

Unless you can both define for people what your "libertarian culture" is,
which you still have not done, and then show that it not only
prevents whatever you fear in "tech", but actually precludes
"tech" from ever happening, such as on perhaps say "moral"
acceptability grounds, or mechanically against "natural law",
or whatever other grounds you still have yet to define.

>> And gold and silver coin are perhaps the only reasonable foundation for any digital coin.

>        I wouldn't put too much 'faith' in such a system. The moment you exchange actual real physical coins for some digital IOU you have a problem.

Right. Anything "backed" by anything by "backers" is,
even under the most #Open of audits, and enforced by
the most enlightened or severe counter mechanisms,
still highly likely to become broken backing in the end.

Look at Tether-USDT, supposedly "backed" 1:1 by USD...
$4B in completely un-#OpenAudited centralized un-privacy
shitcoin with already shitty history... people are fools to keep
any level of time X value product in it. Same with Ripple-XRP
and all the other centralized non-privacy shitcoins.

(Even Bitcoin-BTC, though somewhat distributed, still has massive
privacy weakness to assault by Censors and Regulators... that's fatal.
As such, BTC is a shitcoin by privacy metric, at least until they do privacy,
preferably in the protocol.)

And even if Fiat shitcoins and Libras win, and crush out true
fully distributed privacy coins... they will lose to corruption
in the end, just like all Fiat and Governments do.

So don't use those shitcoins and backing, they're pointless
and no different than Fiat and Gov.

Try and use the only truly new tech on the block...
distributed privacy capable coins.
Even first gen ones like XMR ZEC BCH have at least
some capabilities there beyond what BTC offers.

And try old tech that's never really been given try
before either... Libertarian, Voluntary, Anarchist.

> Though admitedly the problem may be mitigated in a libertarian culture.

Teaching as such against theft and backing breaking will not 100% prevent
such central humans from acting as garbage, only reduce and better manage it.
Even so, that's better progress than nothing today.

Crypto, metals, commodities, labor, wisdom and more...
people can find complementary.

Fiat / shitcoin / even Govt... are jokes, a King over slaves,
an assault upon those freedom things.