Box for simple Tor node.

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Sat Oct 12 09:47:30 PDT 2019

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:05:00 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

.   Suppose a person wanted to implement a TOR node, simply by buying some box, and plugging it into his modem, and power.  And NOT needing to become an expert on TOR,

	there is no such 'box'. IIRC sone guy once showed up in the tor mailing list proposing to sell a home router or 'box' with tor preinstalled. Tor criminal cunts like dingledine shot the idea down.

	it should be completly and painfully obvious by now that there are no magical 'boxes' that can provide any meaningful security. There is no 'free lunch'. Even if you devote a good deal of effort to learn 'computer security' you can be attacked in many ways.

	Because, get this, 'technology' is controlled by the enemy. Shocker.

> Don't bother with long explanations challenging the usefulness, or trustworthiness of TOR.   Yes, we've discussed them to death.  That's a different subject.                    Jim Bell

	tor is a honeypot created and run by the US military. The purpose of tor is to entrap people like ross ulbricht who is now rotting in jail thanks to tor.

	so unless your aim is to get more people to rot in jail, then DO NOT promote tor.