You can't cuck the Tuck - Shepard Smith leaves Fox

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Oct 11 17:11:18 PDT 2019

Shepard Smith Out At Fox News
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/shepard-smith-out-fox-news

... Word of Smith's departure comes two weeks after a "war of words"
broke out between Smith and fox anchor Tucker Carlson, after Smith
called Carlson and legal analyst Joe diGenova "repugnant" in a
daytime analysis of their reporting on the Democratically
manufactured Ukrainegate scandal.

... Napolitano concluded that Trump's actions regarding Ukraine
constituted "a crime" during the day on Tuesday.

diGenova had called Napolitano a "fool" for his analysis on that
night, to which Smith returned fire the following evening, stating
that diGenova was a "partisan guest" who was "repugnant" for
attacking Napolitano.

“Apparently our daytime host, who hosted Judge Napolitano, was
watching last night and was outraged by what you said and quite
ironically called you partisan,” Carlson replied.

Later, Carlson took yet another shot at Smith to conclude the
segment:

  “It doesn’t seem honest to me when a host, any host on any channel,
  including this one, pretends that the answer is obvious. That’s not
  news, is it? That’s opinion. Why do we find ourselves in a
  situation where people aren’t willing to admit that their passions
  are guiding their news coverage?

  Wouldn’t it be better if we just said out loud you know this is
  what I think? For example you will never hear me criticize Rachel
  Maddow. I never agree with anything she says. But she is
  straightforward, it’s her opinion. Why wouldn’t it be better if we
  were all that transparent about what’s driving our shows?

  It makes people cynical when you dress up news coverage, when you
  dress up partisanship as news coverage and pretend that your angry
  political opinions are news, you know, people tune out.”

And now Smith is out.

***

Fox said in a statement (via Forbes):

NEW YORK - October 11, 2019 — FOX NEWS Channel’s (FNC) Shepard Smith
will step down from his role as Chief News Anchor and Managing Editor
of the network’s breaking news unit and Anchor of Shepard Smith
Reporting, announced Jay Wallace, President & Executive Editor of FOX
News Media. This afternoon’s edition of Shepard Smith Reporting was
Mr. Smith’s final show, during which he addressed his decision. A
series of rotating anchors will host the 3PM/ET time slot until a new
dayside news program is announced.