Is Joe Biden guilty of obstruction of justice?

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 04:38:10 PDT 2019

On 10/10/2019 01:28, jim bell wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 04:30:50 PM PDT, Peter Fairbrother

> Was Trump REQURED to do what he did?   No.
> Was Trump PROHIBITED to do what he did?   I don't think so, either.

I think he was prohibited.

Whether he had good or bad motives, whether there is a specific law
against it or not, it's like Nixon sending the watergate burglars,
especially if the investigation is linked to aid or treaties or whatever
- improper use of office.

> Instead, I think that this was simply a matter which Trump was ALLOWED
> to do.  Now, if it had been utterly clear that there was no
> justification to investigate Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden as well, for a
> kind of influence-peddling bribery, then I might think that Trump did
> something wrong,   But so far, it sure looks like these Bidens were
> indeed engaging in influence-peddling.

Suppose they were. Suppose they weren't. Suppose the investigation is
proper. Suppose it is improper.

You are trying to say the Bidens maybe did something wrong. But I don't
care if they did. It doesn't matter.

What matters is what Trump did.

BTW, Biden's complaining (did Biden actually complain? I thought it was
a CIA whistleblower..) probably didn't actually stop any investigation
of him, likely the reverse.

But again, I do not care what Biden did or did not do.

  Also, "impeachment" is by no means
> limited to actions which are explicitly "illegal".

High Crimes and Misdemeanours? Sounds illegal as hell to me.

Peter F