Denmark scientific study: "Diversity is our greatest strength."

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Oct 8 19:09:04 PDT 2019

  New Peer-Reviewed Danish Academic Study Finds Diversity Is Not A
  Strength
  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/new-peer-reviewed-danish-academic-study-finds-diversity-not-strength

  A new peer reviewed study by Danish academics has found that ethnic
  diversity has a negative impact on communities because it erodes
  trust.

  It turns out that diversity is not a strength after all.

  The study, entitled ‘Ethnic Diversity and Social Trust: A Narrative
  and Meta-Analytical Review’,
  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335924797_Ethnic_Diversity_and_Social_Trust_A_Narrative_and_Meta-Analytical_Review
  was conducted by Peter Thisted Dinesen
  and Merlin Schaeffer from the University of Copenhagen and Kim
  Mannemar Sønderskov from Aarhus University.

  Seeking to answer whether “continued immigration and corresponding
  growing ethnic diversity” was having a positive impact on community
  cohesion, the study found the opposite to be the case.

  Studying existing literature and also carrying out a meta-analysis
  of 1,001 estimates from 87 studies, the researchers concluded, “We
  find a statistically significant negative relationship between
  ethnic diversity and social trust across all studies.”

  Eric Kaufmann, Professor of Politics at the Birkbeck University of
  London, also tweeted about the study, commenting, “Higher diversity
  *is* significantly associated with lower trust in communities, even
  when controlling for deprivation.”

    Higher diversity *is* significantly associated with lower trust
    in communities, even when controlling for deprivation. A
    definitive meta analysis of the diversity-trust literature (pub
    date 2020): https://t.co/IU6v24LaFs
    — Eric Kaufmann (@epkaufm) October 7, 2019

  In other words, mass immigration is eroding community trust and
  harming society.

  “Diversity is a strength” is a glib, onerous, empty aphorism that
  is shoved down our throats as a piece of received wisdom that only
  racists would deny.

  It may be politically correct, but has no basis in actual reality.