Is the US more moral than North Korea?

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 19:02:23 PDT 2019

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/long-reads/article/3031514/kim-jong-nam-assassination-meet-indonesian-woman

North Korea recruits young foreign women to be celebrities and they end up
murdering an influential man. In the US, young foreign women are recruited
to be models and they end being murdered by an influential man.

Based on this limited set of information, yes, North Korea is more moral
than the US.

There are procedural changes that could be done, monthly stories on scams
preying on young women in the news media, organizations or such that
directly deal with foreign workers, etc. There could even be a cottage
industry, with think tanks proposing ideas for new bureaucracies to protect
and oversee marginalized groups...

Still, no bureaucrat directly rationalizes "how can I be cruel to someone
today", but the cruellest decisions are the result of bureaucrats not
actually meeting the people they authorize various actions towards. It is
not unthinkable a small army of bureaucrats in  Malaysia thought this would
yield something:

>Another time, one of them told me that if I didn’t plead guilty, North
Korea would bomb my home country. I didn’t know whether to believe it or
not.