How LRAD Went From a Pirate Deterrent to a Police Crowd-Control Tool

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Tue Oct 1 09:18:15 PDT 2019

On September 30, 2019 11:35:43 AM PDT, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>It's possible this could be fought by building a fairly large
>corner-cube retroreflector and aiming it at the source of the sound.
>While that might not be precise, it would send a lot of sound back to
>the area around the emitter.
>                           Jim Bell
>
>https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-the-lrad-went-from-a-pirate-deterrent-to-a-police-crowd-control-tool

LRADS can be defeated with earbuds and metal music.

Just read the police in Hawaii used one to break up a native protest at a burial ground due for condo development. The organizer clarified that the LRAD was used like a super-loud bullhorn. Not as a weapon. I suspect they're pretty much useless as a crowd control tool if the crowd is prepared.

Next up... Subsonic weapons. The band Devo had the right idea when they suggested they were going to do a show with hyped-up subsonics, hand out diapers at the door, and make the concertgoers shit their britches.

IMAGINE the demoralizing effect on protesters with their pants full.

Rr
Sent from my Androgyne dee-vice with K-9 Mail