appelbaum's CV and tor's résumé

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Nov 26 23:21:58 PST 2019

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 11:13:32PM -0700, Mirimir wrote:
> On 11/26/2019 01:58 PM, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 20:19:52 +0000
> > coderman <coderman at protonmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> see also:
> >  work he’s claiming credit for?
> >> - https://twitter.com/thegrugq/status/1197305715439751168
> >
> >> - https://twitter.com/hdevalence/status/1197280487674245120
> >

> > 	yes, I see. You  linked a bunch of feminazi cunts from the pentagon. What's your take on that sorf of non-human scum? The cunts you linked are obviouasly appelbaum's accomplices, who now have stabbed him on the back.
> >
> > 	That doesn't mean they are any better than him. They are actually marginally worse, still working directly for govcorp.
>
> Although I wouldn't harsh on them all so hard, the back stabbing is
> extreme. It's like they can't stand to see him contribute anywhere.

Oh but I would harsh on them.

  On the record, Applebaum ran the sole independent Tor directory
  authority (out of what was it, a dozen?).

  On the record, Applebaum was asked to hand over control of his Tor
  dir auth.

  On the record, Applebaum refused to comply with that "request".

  On the record, Applebaum was "publicly lynched and run out of town"
  (metaphorically speaking) and is to this day licking his wounds
  from the new Tor board which unilaterally replaced the old board
  and was instrumental in stabbing Applebaum in the back, and very
  publicly so.

Now, if this public record (see Applebaum git docs collection
git://github.com/Enegnei/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor
) is insufficient to dignify "being so harsh", I dunno what would
be...

And just so it's absolutely clear - by having the last independent
dir auth be run by NSA/CIA/Tor Inc., there is no longer the option
for any of us to jig up a custom local Tor setup that only relies
on Applebaum's dir auth (possibly checking against other dir auths).