[seL4] US Army SBIR calls for open HW/SW stack

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Nov 25 20:35:08 PST 2019

Extract:

  OBJECTIVE: Current commodity computer hardware and software are
  proprietary. A thorough security review cannot be performed on
  systems with undisclosed components. Offeror shall research high
  assurance computer security based on a completely open hardware and
  software platform following Saltzer and Schroeder’s open design
  principles from 1975.

  PHASE I: For the Phase I proposal, offeror shall describe the
  feasibility of creating a high assurance open computer hardware and
  software architecture based on the “open design principles” from
  Saltzer and Schroeder in 1975 [3]: (1) Propose open source hardware
  and open source OS for a high assurance system. (2) describe the
  project development tools; (3) provide a plan to achieve an
  Evaluation Assurance Level Six (EAL6) [13] or higher rating for the
  operating system; (4) describe potential Army Applications (Joint
  Multi-Role Technology Demonstrator [16]) and commercial
  applications; and (5) provide a business model to market the
  proposed system.

Put your proposals in muffas!

Anyone in comm with someone at puri.sm, please forward this to them...

----- Forwarded message from Gernot.Heiser at data61.csiro.au -----