The Cypherpunk's 1995 Archive has been forged, and what are we going to do about it? (was:Re: Could someone add news of Cypherpunks Archive...

Punk-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Mon Nov 25 16:09:47 PST 2019

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 22:51:38 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>   On Sunday, November 24, 2019, 04:37:25 PM PST, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
> >    http://web.archive.org/web/19961105222622/http://www.hks.net:80/cpunks/index.html

> >    "March 18, 1996
> >The cypherpunks and coderpunks pages will be unavailable for the next couple of days as we switch over to a new line. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
>

> >June 06, 1996
> >Not to worry, we know the archives are still down. Just a bit longer, Please be patient."
>

> Did you locate when that eventually appeared?                  Jim Bell

Here's the first time I can see that url being mentioned as source of an archive :

"
From: "J. Kent Hastings" <zeus at pinsight.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 01:07:38 PDT
Subject: Re: (Fwd) 1995 Nanotechnology Conference

Tim says that quantum codebreaking and nanotech ain't gonna happen,
because of things he explained in the past on the list, now available in
the archive. I found a great Web version of the cypherpunks archive at http:
//www.hks.net/cpunks/index.html and will indeed catch up on the
quantum coherence subject.
"

Also, did you see this message?

https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2019-November/077885.html

I quoted there a couple of messages from lackey, dated 1997, in which he says he has a complete archive. "Complete" at that time included all of 1995. Now apparently he says he's lost part of it...