The Cypherpunk's 1995 Archive has been forged, and what are we going to do about it? (was:Re: Could someone add news of Cypherpunks Archive...

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 14:19:31 PST 2019

 Everybody note that I haven't gotten an answer to this from Ryan Lackey, nor has Declan McCullagh responded to many emails sent his way.  Tom Busby seems unusually quiet, as well:   Busby, the keeper of the Archive, should be enthusiastically working to figure out what happened that would allow the Archive to have been forged.
The Venona files, as I recall, were dated 2003:  Is that correct?   If I had a more-efficient editor to search the CP archives, I would study the discussions of the people doing the archive to figure out who was involved, what happened, and when it happened.   Can somebody help with this?
The Wayback Machine began in 2001.  (but see the reference to 1996, below).    Were the files that went into Venona or other to-be-archived data copied onto Wayback?  http://highscalability.com/blog/2014/5/19/a-short-on-how-the-wayback-machine-stores-more-pages-than-st.html

"How does the Wayback Machine work? Now with over 400 billion webpages indexed, allowing the Internet to be browsed all the way back to 1996, it's an even more compelling question. I've looked several times but I've never found a really good answer."

"Here's some information from a thread on Hacker News. It starts with mmagin, a former Archive employee:"
[end of quote]                          Jim Bell