Tor Stinks re Traffic Analysis and Sybil (as do other networks)

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Nov 24 03:00:49 PST 2019

Critique of Tor applies equally, perhaps moreso, to the whole
Internet for monetization, technology, personnel, administration,
operation, funding, seducing the public, NGOs, dissent. So too, to
crypto, anonymization, cypherpunks.

Perennial question is how to sort through the tsunami of claims and
counterclaims, sponsored hacks, slyly appealing "free" SM, search
engines, FOIA enterprises, Wayback and Wikipedia, paid and volunteer
informants and agents, hot shit mail lists and get-it-now podcasts,
star-studded conferences and outlaw-celebrity lectures, incarcerated
Julians and Jeremys, fans and evermore fans of unexamined underwriters.

Has there ever been more people eagerly declaring in public their
likes and hatreds, convictions and doubts, hoping to gain advantage
over other people by pretense and deception. Actually, yes, there has
been since talking, singing, dancing, education, civilization was
invented to entrap prey.

Prey quickly learned from predators to reverse the panopticon.
Usually by offering their gullible, edible kids, cohorts and mates as
irresistable bait to fatten the enemy into overconfidence, sloth,
braggrdy, imagined supremacy. Tor, like Trump, is hardly novel in
this suicidalism, nor the crusading, diabolical internet of everything data.