Section 12355 California Legal Code

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 00:50:22 PST 2019

 On Friday, November 22, 2019, 11:18:42 PM PST, Ryan Carboni <ryacko at gmail.com> wrote:

 >(a) Except as provided in Chapter 2.5 (commencing with Section 12301),
any person who assembles, maintains, places, or causes to be placed a
boobytrap device as described in subdivision (c) is guilty of a felony
punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or five
years.

As far as I can see, this is a clear violation of the Second Amendment.  I believe that a proper definition of "arms" is "objects used as weapons".  While the description of subdivision "c" is not included here, a "boobytrap device" certainly would qualify as an "arm":  It is used as a weapon.  The principle of the 2008 Heller decision and 2010 McDonald v. Chicago decision is that restrictions that didn't exist when the 2nd Amendment was ratified (1791) are literally "infringements".
          Jim Bell