Leaks: Cayman National Bank Sherwood 2TB Drop by Phineas Fisher

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:13:51 PST 2019

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vb5agy/phineas-fisher-offers-dollar100000-bounty-for-hacks-against-banks-and-oil-companies
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qkjjnb/notorious-hacker-phineas-fishers-is-trying-to-start-a-hack-back-political-movement

https://limn.it/articles/the-public-interest-hack/

https://unicornriot.ninja/2019/massive-hack-strikes-offshore-cayman-national-bank-and-trust/

Interview...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpyCl1Qm6Xs

Hacktivism is back, and this time it's well funded by many.

An infamous vigilante hacker known for their hits on surveillance
companies and capitalist institutions is launching a new kind of bug
bounty to reward hacktivists who do public interest hacks and leaks.
Phineas Fisher published a new manifesto on Friday, offering to pay
hackers up to $100,000 in what they called the ‘Hacktivist Bug Hunting
Program.” The idea is to pay other hackers who carry out politically
motivated hacks against companies that could lead to the disclosure of
documents in the public interest. The hacker said he will pay in
cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin or Monero.

Arguing why it was justified to leak the bank’s internal emails,
Phineas Fisher wrote that “privacy for the powerful is not the same,
when it allows them to evade the limits of a system itself designed to
give them privileges; and privacy for the weak, which protects them
from a system conceived to exploit them.”

“Hacking to obtain and leak documents with public interest is one of
the best ways for hackers to use their abilities to benefit society
[...] I’m not trying to make anyone rich. I’m just trying to provide
enough funds so that hackers can make a decent living doing a good
job.”

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” -- Orwell

"We're all Phineas Fisher." -- Phineas Fisher