Blast from the Past. Declan McCullagh, David Friedman,

Punk-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sat Nov 16 19:16:46 PST 2019

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 11:53:36 +1100
Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately it seems he's so unbelievably stubborn, yet blind, that
> there's always the chance he could encourage one or two equally
> stupid and stubborn individuals to join him in his quixotic windmill
> fight, and just happen to throw civilization into a lorenzian
> butterfly chaotic alternator.
>
> I know some would prefer a period of total chaos to what we have now,

	I vote for chaos. It's the only thing that can prevent "the ultimate revolution"

	Aldous Huxley - The Ultimate Revolution (Berkeley Speech 1962)
	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WaUkZXKA30

	disclaimer : I got the idea from assange who said something like "only a global  catastrophe can stop the surveillance state". Not any of those words prolly because I can't find the original quote =/  But you get point...

> but the consequences of living in that post-AP world look quite
> possibly very unpleasant from where I stand..

	I think Jim is either partially confused, or baiting and switching. An hypothetical tool to eliminate tyrants (or anybody else), and the production of security in a libertarian enviroment, are two different things. Yet Jim confuses them.