OpenBSD FreeBSD: Why and How

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Nov 13 19:08:56 PST 2019

A primary thing *BSD needs for "hip young newbie" attractiveness is
something less geriatric than CVS as their source code distribution
system... no matter how secure, stable etc it is, it's $CURRENT_YEAR
already and I for one welcome our Git overlords.

There's "conservative, stable processes", then there's simply a lack
of will to engage the learning curve required to properly learn and
deploy that which is fundamentally superior in very way (except of
course, that the commands are different, and from the ultra
conservative view, that is, in fact, inferior).