Could somebody list names/emails of 1996 people?

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Nov 10 11:29:30 PST 2019

For many years a "cypherpunks-who" request to the server would
deliver a list of subscribers (not the list of posters). Many
subscribers did not post. Others used psuedos, changed nyms, subbed
under different addresses and affiliations. Some copied and used
other subscribers' nyms to post, ridicule, attack, stir up trouble.
The list changed hosts. There were several branches off the original
trunk And much more mayhem. Cpunks was and is supposed to work that
way, its not meant to be a reliable forum (as some branches aspired to be).

Not surprising that there are gaps, accidental, on purpose, through
negligence, machinic errors, malice, ideological differences,
forgeries, thefts.

May be a pipe dream to gather everything, stuff has gone missing from
the internet since its beginning and not likely to ever stop. Spam
and hucksterism are eternal

Its a fools gold fantasy to think stuff endures somewhere. None of
the major archives are complete and are riddled with errors and
misinformation. And its getting worse through every increasing volume
of puke and planting of huge amount of commercial junk.

Promoters of aggregating and conserving the data tsunami are full of
shit. Mostly they peddle fear and salvation.

BTW, Jim, AP could get a boost by claiming it could exterminate child
sex predators.