A third possible outcome of the Gom Jabbar test

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 13:14:21 PST 2019

To quote von Hammerstein-Equord:

"The man who is clever and lazy qualifies for the highest leadership
posts. He has the requisite nerves and the mental clarity for
difficult decisions. But whoever is stupid and industrious must be got
rid of, for he is too dangerous."

Thus I posit a third possible outcome of the Gom Jabbar test, that the
person could potentially stick his hand further into the box,
exclaiming "I nearly have it!" Even though it was never mentioned to
begin with that there is anything in the box other than pain.