[RUS] Yolo's money shot^Bquote — “I would still like to at least get some facts supporting our unsuccessful meddling.”

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Nov 8 23:26:49 PST 2019

Ahh, where would we be without wholehearted Russian support for
French presidential statements..

   ‘Once NATO recovers, we’ll be there’: Russian FM Lavrov jokes
   about Macron’s ‘brain-dead NATO’ diagnosis
   https://www.rt.com/news/472929-lavrov-macron-nato-comment/

    French President Emmanuel Macron was the perfect man to diagnose
    NATO as being ‘brain-dead’, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey
    Lavrov quipped, saying Moscow is ready for the bloc’s recovery
    from all ailments.

    “I wouldn’t want to drag myself into a discussion about the
    medical side of this issue,” Lavrov told reporters, at an arms
    control event in Moscow on Friday.

    He added, sarcastically:

    “If Macron had felt that the diagnosis he made [of NATO] was so
    evident – he had all the right to state it. He knows NATO better
    than me, since he represents a nation which is a member of the
    alliance.”

    Lavrov noted that Russia remains interested in building
    mutually-beneficial relations with the US-led bloc, which would
    be based on an equal footing.

      "So, once NATO ‘recovers’, we’ll be right there."

    The Kremlin’s spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said that the
    trans-Atlantic military alliance was designed for confrontation
    since its inception. He, too, quipped about Macron’s take on
    NATO's current state of affairs.

    “Whether NATO is alive or dead, and which of its parts are
    comatose – that’s not for us to decide. We’re not pathologists.”

    The French president had previously argued that NATO is
    undergoing its “brain death” due to the lack of coordination and
    understanding among its members.

    German Chancellor Angela Merkel and NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg
    took offense at Macron’s unkind choice of words, saying that he
    had exaggerated the bloc’s internal struggle.

Just as well we have the glorious USSA to Do The Right Thing (C)(MUFFA)
on the world stage, like "protecting" Syria's oil fields (a number of
links in original):

  Three Deep State Confessions On Syria
  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/three-deep-state-confessions-syria
  https://libertarianinstitute.org/blog/three-deep-state-confessions-on-syria/

    First, all the way back in 2005 — more than a half decade before
    the war began —  CNN’s Christiane Amanpour told Assad to his face
    that regime change is coming. Thankfully this was in a televised
    and archived interview, now for posterity to behold.

    Amanpour, it must be remembered, was married to former US
    Assistant Secretary of State James Rubin (until 2018), who
    further advised both President Obama and former Secretary of
    State Hillary Clinton.

      Washington was "actively looking for a new Syrian leader"
      looong before the civil war in Syria began
      pic.twitter.com/3wOrtl29Od
          — In the NOW (@IntheNow_tweet) November 1, 2019

      "Mr. President you know the rhetoric of regime change is headed
      towards you from the United States... They're granting visas
      and visits to Syrian opposition politicians,"
      Amanpour told Assad in a 2005 CNN interview.

    Next, a surprisingly blunt assessment of where Washington
    currently stands after eight years of the failed push to oust
    Assad and influence the final outcome of the war, from the very
    man who was among the early architects of America’s covert “arm
    the jihadists to topple the dictator” campaign.

    Myself and others long ago documented how former Ambassador to
    Syria Robert Ford worked with and funded a Free Syrian Army
    commander who led ISIS suicide bombers into the battlefield in
    2013.

      How is it that Robert Ford, one of the architects of the
      Islamist insurgency in #Syria and a man who tirelessly
      campaigned for the Al-Qaeda tied Ahrar Al-Sham to replace the
      Assad government, is now being so realistic and actually
      talking sense? (Interview Oct 10, 2019)
      pic.twitter.com/0ZWrndjbWK
      — Walid (@walid970721) November 6, 2019