And in other crossbow news...

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 18:36:16 PST 2019

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-50306503

"A heavily pregnant woman was shot and killed with a crossbow by her vengeful estranged husband, a court has heard.

Armed with two crossbows, Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo, 51, shot his wife Devi, 35, as she tried to get away from him on 12 November 2018, the Old Bailey was told.

The crossbow bolt penetrated her body, causing "catastrophic" internal injuries, including piercing her heart.

Mr Unmathallegadoo denies murder.
Medics were unable to save Mrs Unmathallegadoo but her baby was delivered by Caesarean section and survived, jurors heard.[end of odd news article ]
Many years ago, I heard a news story about a man who was shot in the head with an arrow...but lived because the arrow didn't pierce his brain.  True story.   I decided that the worst part of such an event was...that the guy had to tell his friends that he was hit in the head with an arrow...but he survived because the arrow didn't pierce his brain.    [ba dump bump...]              Jim Bell