Hornberger: "repeal of all drug laws is a necessary pre-requisite for a free society"

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Nov 7 16:55:25 PST 2019

The only way to end the endless war on drugs, is to actually end the
war on drugs and legalise all drugs:

  US Massacre In Mexico Requires Washington To Act, Here's What Could
  Happen Next
  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-massacre-mexico-requires-washington-act-heres-what-could-happen-next
  https://www.fff.org/2019/11/07/another-drug-war-massacre/

  ... [USA Govt. suggestions]:

    - Option 1: Have the Mexican military crackdown even more
      fiercely than it already has during the past 10 years of fierce
      military drug warfare.

    - Option 2: Send in the US military and the CIA into Mexico.

    - Option 3. Capture the head of the Sinaloa drug cartel,
      extradite him to the United States, and jail him for the rest
      of his life.

  ... Jacob Hornberger:

    As we have been saying here at The Future of Freedom Foundation
    for 30 years, there is one — and only one — way to get rid of
    drug cartels, drug gangs, and drug lords. That way is through
    drug legalization, complete drug legalization. Not just
    marijuana. All drugs, including cocaine, heroin, meth, and
    opioids. Ditch them all.

    With drug legalization, the drug cartels, drug gangs, and drug
    lords are out out business overnight. Gone. Isn't that what
    drug-war proponents say they would like to see? Well, that's the
    only way to see it.

    That's what happened, of course, when statists decided to
    re-legalize booze. They finally realized that they were never
    going to put the booze cartels, booze gangs, and booze lords out
    of business by cracking down on them ever more fiercely. They
    finally realized that the only way to achieve that goal was
    through legalization. And sure enough, the re-legalization of
    booze put them all out of business," Hornberger wrote.

  And the probability of the US government ending the war on drugs is
  very low. So it's likely that AMLO and Washington will start
  increasing joint military operations against cartels in the not too
  distant future.