jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 17:53:32 PST 2019

Four days ago, I began to discover the existence of a massive data-tampering fraud associated with the 1995 database of the Cypherpunks email list. There is a huge 4-5-month gap, beginning Feb 14, 2019, in which virtually no messages appear, probably missing many thousands of postings. This wasn't due to an innocent loss of data, either. Then, the messages dated both during and subsequent to July, 1995, virtually every instance of the text string "jim bell", "jimbell at pacifier.com", "AP" (when the text AP means "Assassination Politics"; and yet the few remaining instances of "ap" stand for "Associated Press" and in one case "killer ap" astonishingly remain), and "Assassination Politics" itself. For an archive where these gargantuan forgeries presumably (I hope!!!) don't exist, see the same archive for the year 1996.I, Jim Bell, had been posting extensively, perhaps beginning shortly after Feb 14, 1995, and fairly continuously at the CP list at least until early 1997. My Assassination Politics essay https://cryptome.org/ap.htm was heavily discussed during these times, and during and after 1997 as well. Any people who posted messages on that list, Cypherpunks, should have been listed, although their emails might subsequently have changed in the 24 years subsequent to that. And, of course, any messages either to or from me, from anyone, (at the time jimbell at pacifier.com, address no longer valid in 2019)Presumably, the current operator of the archive, Tom Busby, was fed intentionally false and carefully-forged data, a fraud which he must not have known about, and he dutifully turned it into the archive which now appears, unaware of the data sham that preceded his role. I am now requesting that anyone who has data for this period (1995) of the Cypherpunks email list first post it publicly in a location where it will be regularly scraped by the Internet's Wayback Machine https://archive.org/web/ , and post a citation to that data on the Cypherpunks list contemporaneous to its availability.