Your Cypherpunks archive

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 2 20:39:43 PDT 2019

 On Saturday, November 2, 2019, 07:55:38 PM PDT, Punk - Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Sat, 02 Nov 2019 10:48:41 -0700
Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:

> On November 1, 2019 7:40:29 PM PDT, "Punk - Stasi 2.0" <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
> >On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 19:20:07 -0700
> >Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
> >

> >> Have you ever considered the server was destroyed, stolen and turned
> >into components for black market sale all data wiped or a thousand
> >other possibilities?
> >>
> >> Or is that too simple?
> >

> >    if the 'server was destroyed' then there would be a hole in the
> >archives, with all messages for a given period missing. Not just some
> >particular messages. If Jim says he joined in july 1995, but all his
> >messages from july to november are missing while ALL THE REST of
> >messages from other people are there, then the problem is not the
> >'server', you worthless fucktard. Then again, we can't expect much
> >intelligence from a US military propaganda bot like you.
>

> The whole archive is missing for those periods.

>    dude - there are more than 10,000 messages between feb 1995 and december 1995 in the archive* - What - the fuck - are you talking about.

What we could use is a statistician, I think.

Yes, Razer is rather wacky, isn't he.  There is clearly a major sample of data still present in the existing archive, so there is plenty of bulk for someone to later do an analysis. 10,000 messages!   Wow!   But it isn't just a random sampling of the original messages that we assume were present.  If it were, we'd see "jim bell", "jimbell at pacifier.com", "AP", and Assassination politics" present in large quantities.
.  However, as I see it with my very limited analysis so far, is that I think this sample is far from being a REPRESENTATIVE sample.  Now, my brief analysis is, admittedly, very limited:   Because I happen to be "jim bell", I look for my name.  Because my email address used to be "jimbell at pacifier.com", I look for that as well.   Since I happened to author AP, I looked for "AP" and "Assassination Politics".  Somebody else, with a different name and email address, and perhaps a different string commonly present in his commentary, would see a different pattern.
Who knows what what other manipulations this 1995 existing sample has undergone?  If individual types of words could be counted and totaled, and compared against the content of the 1996 archive, maybe we'd see a skewing of the results?  Or not.  I think my initial conclusions will eventually be seen to be very close to the mark.  (this, of course, is similar to a type of analysis where the numbers of specific letters are counted in cryptanalysis.  If the number of the various kinds of letters match the quantities normally seen in the English language (for example), cryptanalysts conclude that the cipher is transposition.
If none of the still-existing messages (i'm disregarding a few November and December 1995 here, for a moment) were either "to" or "from" me, because that very limited set had been selectively removed, we'd still expect to see messages REFERRING to me.  At least hundreds of them, and maybe thousands.  ("Bell's a nut")  But no, they aren't there.  So, I think we can clearly discern a pattern of manipulation of data.  Sadly, I suppose.  It's unfortunate that all Razer can do here is to be disruptive, to be his usual trollish self.
But it's also somewhat unfortunate we don't seem to have a lot of people here to observe and comment.  I ask, again, for somebody to call some of the older Cypherpunks, who I think would be fascinated by this mystery.

>*that's the archive provided by US MILITARY CONTRACTOR ryan lackey.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what he says.
            Jim Bell