No, Mr. Busby, there is a Santa Claus.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Nov 2 19:32:19 PDT 2019

On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 10:31:09PM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> No, Mr. Busby, there is a Santa Claus.
> Dear Mr. Busby,
> On the Cypherpunks Archive web page,  https://cryptoanarchy.wiki/blog/2018/07/05/the-cypherpunks-mailing-list-archives-must-be-preserved.html   , you said:

> Are you getting excited now, Mr. Busby?  It's only going to get more "real" from here on in.  "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night."                     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vEEh0GF_C8
>                        Jim Bell

Jim, and I say this with care and concern - you're off the reservation.

It appears to some that you are not seeing things, which is human
nature - we humans (!) tend to be NOT able to see everything.

Sometimes others see things that we don't see.

There are known reasons that we fail to see things.

We fail to see things usually about ourselves, but also in the world,
or generally.

There are specific and well studied reasons why we humans sometimes
don't see things.

These reasons why we don't see things are closely related to the
classical human "psychological" failings (passions of the mind, seven
deadly sins etc):

  anger
  impatience
  pride
  lust
  greed
  slothfulness/ laziness
  envy/ jealousy
  vanity
  etc

I have been "pulled up" in my thinking and words many times -
including by folks on this here mailing list - thus my notable short
supply of brown paper bags to hand out.

Anger is a great driver for some people, especially when great wrongs
have been done to them, either in childhood, and/ or as an adult.

Anger can feel empowering, and it can empower us to commit evil
against others, to engage in atrocities in the (possibly unseen) hope
to release the angry feelz inside us that we feel.

Anger is also one of the foundation causes for us to "not see the
obvious", even when others may very clearly name for us (what to them
is) the obvious point we're missing.

Jim - it's time for you to listen up!

This is really important.

Even though some of the following you may not agree with!

Folks around here have been trying REALLY hard to stay pleasant, and
respectful, and constructive, towards you specifically.

This includes everyone you rail against - me, Rayzer, Busby etc.

Not seeing when people are going OUT OF THEIR WAY to help you, is a
big warning sign to us, that you are unblanced (to say the least).

  More anger, will not solve your problems!

You might try to identify within yourself and give up, as quickly as
you are capable, a little bit of that pride and certainty you have!

Then also give up some anger (all of it ideally).

Folks round here want to make the world a better place - you may not
see that, and we often (vehemently) disagree amongst ourselves on
plenty of shit!

But we share one thing in common - we want to see a better world, we
want to figure out how to make a better world, how to fix some of the
problems we see, we know, we suffer.

Good luck,