Digital Liberty by Bill Frezza, aka DigitaLiberty

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 04:09:09 PDT 2019

https://www.wired.com/1995/04/a-fire-wall-around-the-beltway/
https://extropians.weidai.com/extropians.96/0311.html
https://washingtontechnology.com/articles/1996/06/13/internet-to-create-laissezfaire-banking.aspx
https://totseans.com/totse/en/zines/cud_a/cud6105.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competitive_Enterprise_Institute
Warren T. Brookes Journalism Fellowship
2013–2014 Bill Frezza

https://cei.org/expert/william-frezza
https://cei.org/content/people/48490
https://twitter.com/billfrezza
https://twitter.com/RealClearFrezza
https://fee.org/people/bill-frezza/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrezza/
Partner at Adams Capital

https://cei.org/
The Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) is a non-profit,
libertarian think tank in the United States founded on March 9, 1984,
in Washington, D.C., by Fred L. Smith, Jr. It seeks to advance
economic liberty by fighting excessive government regulation because
it believes that a free marketplace that allows entrepreneurship and
innovation to thrive is better policy.

Bill Frezza doesn't see much use for government, especially in
cyberspace. That's why DigitaLiberty, the Net-freedom advocacy group
started last December by Frezza, Bruce Fancher (Phantom Access
Technologies CEO and one of the original members of the Legion of
Doom), and Mark Stahlman (New Media Associates president) isn't
interested in influencing politicians or legislators.
"Every time somebody goes to Washington, they get co-opted by the
cybercrats and start flying around in Air Force Two," explains Frezza,
who was dismayed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation's endorsement
of the Digital Telephony Bill that Congress passed last year. (He
considers EFF members "Net-Marxists and handmaidens to the Washington
cybercrats.") "DigitaLiberty refuses to engage or negotiate," he says.
"We're going to build a fire wall around the beltway."
Frezza, a telecommunications industry veteran, says the purpose of
DigitaLiberty is not to block the latest Net-related bill in Congress,
but to construct new global communities and render the government
irrelevant. "Once we move the economy into cyberspace," says Frezza,
"we're outta here!" To subscribe, send e-mail to
digitalibertyrequest at phanton.com, with no subject and the message
"INFO DIGITALIBERTY."